Introduction - sort of

Hello - I’m Ben.

I’ve spent the last 4 years developing my software engineer skill set. Over the same course of time I have developed a familiarity with research topics within the mathematical finance and probability theory disciplines.

Initially I began to post this under a new topic within the “Math” category but after reviewing the categorical guidelines, I determined this category may better fit my post.

I’m here by the way of YouTube after finding @MikeXCohen video on joint probability distributions in Python. It is well understood this is the introduction category but I must ask:
Is there a recommended framework or custom approach in dissecting (or curating) a path to using scientific computing for Stochastic processes, rough path & probability theory; from the current available courses?

There is a wealth of knowledge Mr. Cohen is providing and my objective is to find the best path forward in mining this knowledge wrt my academic interest.

Thanks!!

Hi Ben. Welcome :wink:

I don’t have any courses or materials specifically on stochastic processes. I cover probability quite a bit in my course on statistics and machine learning, although it’s probability theory as it applies to inferential statistics, so I’m not sure if that will be relevant enough for your interests.