Dear Mike and group members,
I’m doing TFR analysis using morlet wavelets in the alpha band (8:1:12 Hz, 5-cycle wavelet) in 1-sec epochs (plus zero padding). I would really appreciate to know what you think on the following questions with regards to the treatment of the power values after the time-frequency calculation:
- Is log10 transform beneficial for removal of the 1/f?
- Is it best to do log10(alpha_power) or log10(alpha_power / baseline)?
- Is it ok to apply log10 on a time point by time point basis (or better to first average over a time window of interest)?
RELATIVE FREQUENCY BASELINE
- Is this a good way to normalize: power at a time point at a freq point / mean power at that time point over all freq points
- Is it ok to do this normalization time point by time point or better to average over a time window first?
Finally, in which order is it best to apply log10 and relative frequency normalization (which one first)?
Thank you very much in advance for your time and help,